The International Cleantech Network (ICN) is an exclusive network of cleantech clusters in the world’s leading cleantech regions, aiming to generate new business opportunities, enhance competitive advantages and create value for companies, knowledge institutions and local authorities across cluster regions.
ICN’s vision is to build up strong global connections between leading cleantech clusters in order to create superior value for cluster members. ICN would like to represent the leading clusters from the world’s green growth economies from North America, Asia, Europe and South America.
ICN’s mission is to create direct value for stakeholders located in the clusters, such as companies, knowledge institutions and local authorities, by means of international collaboration in order to enhance their competitive advantages in global competition.
ICN creates value in five key areas:
- Partnership-buildingbetween companies, knowledge institutions and local authorities. ICN strives to open doors and match business opportunities in each cluster with leading competencies in other partner clusters.
- Opportunity spotting and market insightsproviding up-to-date information on projects, funding, and test and demonstration facilities.
- Entrepreneurship and incubation activitiessupporting start-ups and SME’s with mentoring, overviews of funding sources and value-adding international partnerships.
- Education, research and exchange programmesbetween companies and knowledge institutions in the clusters will form part of ICN’s mission to expand the pool of highly-skilled workers and thereby create growth for the cluster stakeholders.
- Cross-regional transparency. ICN will conduct supply chain studies/asset mappingsof the cleantech industries, mapping of cleantech test and demonstration facilities and create a tool for creating an overview of the clusters’ competencies.