CO2 Value Europe CCU and Renewable Energy Workshop 29 January
Carbon Capture & Utilization (CCU) technologies often require renewable energy and can thereby foster the transition to more renewable energy systems. On the 29th of January, from 10:00 to 11:45 CET, CO2 Value Europe will host a workshop that will focus on the link between CCU and renewable energy from different perspectives.
- Jan Steinkohl, DG ENER Unit C1, will explain the renewable energy policy context;
- Prof. Christian Breyer, LUT University, will present modelling work for the role of CCU fuels in a 100% renewable energy world;
- Daniel Marenne, ENGIE, will present the vision of a major producer and consumer of renewable energy;
- Alan Croes, TenneT will explain the technical challenges for a TSO in expanding the renewable energy grid;
- Patrick Clerens, EASE, will explain the role CCU can play in the storage of renewable energy.
The event will be moderated by Célia Sapart, Head of Communications and Climate Expert at CO2 Value Europe with closing remarks from Anastasios Perimenis, Secretary General.
Register here for the event.